Temporary Residency Card
Languages : Hungarian, English, German, Greek, French
Official Currency : Forint (HUF)
Major Cities : Budapest, Debrecen, Miskolc, Szeged & Pécs
Hungary at Glance
Hungary is a beautiful landlocked EU country situated in the Carpathian Basin, in the heart of Europe having a lot to offer. Despite being rather small, its beneficial Central European position makes Hungary an appealing destination to live, work or study. Hungary is a member of the European Union, NATO, the OECD, the Visegrád Group, and the Schengen Area. Hungary is a republic, and it has been a member of the United Nations since 1955, NATO since 1999, and the European Union since 2004. The Holy Crown of Hungary and its associated regalia has become the symbol representing the historical Kingdom of Hungary. Today, it is exhibited in the Hungarian Parliament. Economy of Hungary is strengthening by the fields like: Agriculture 8%, industry and commerce 42%, services 32%, government 7%.
National holidays: March 15th: in remembrance of the 1848-49 Revolution and War of Independence, the birth of modern parliamentary goverment in Hungary; August 20th: in celebration of the first king of Hungary, Saint Stephen., crowned in 1000 CE; October 23rd: in remembrance of the 1956 Revolution and War of Independence, and the 1989 proclamation of the Republic of Hungary.
For more details please visit : Hungary
Hungary is situated in the southern zone of Central Europe, in the centre of the Carpathian Basin, which is surrounded by the East Alps, the Carpathians and the Dinaric Mountains. The country sits lower than its neighboring countries. The Adriatic Sea is only 200 kilometers from the border of Hungary. Hungary has the shape of a basin, which is favorable for transport due to the country’s central location and to the fact that there are no relief obstacles. However, The relief of Hungary is characterized by a low height above sea level and a low level of verticular configuration. 68% of Hungary’s territory is lowland (less than 200 meters above sea level), 30% is a hilly region (between 200-400 meters) and only 2% is for hills higher than 400 meters. Very few patches of land reach above 600 meters.
The Republic of Hungary with a territory of 93,036 km 2 is among the small-sized states in Europe. Hungary’s territory is less than 1% of that of Europe. The country is centrally located in the Carpathian Basin, whose territory is approximately 330,000 km 2. The country is not an individual geographical unit and its borders nowhere separate natural regions. From among the six large regions of Hungary– the Great Plain, the Small Plain, the lower part of the Alps, the Transdanubian Hills, the Transdanubian Mountains and the North-Hungarian Mountains – only the Transdanubian Mountains lie exclusively in the territory of Hungary.
For detailed information please visit : Geography of Hungary
The climate of the Hungary can be described as typical European continental influenced climate with warm, dry summers and fairly cold winters. January is the coldest month with daytime temperatures usually around zero, but in some cases winter months can be very cold with temperatures far below zero and strong, cold northeasterly winds, called Bora, especially in the mountainous regions. Heavy snowfall or even snowstorms are also possible on some days there; the yearly average number of days with snow is less than 40 in the low-land regions and up to 120 days in the mountainous regions of Hungary.
In summer daytime temperatures reach 20-25°C, but sometimes quite higher, 30°C or more. In most of the time is dry weather with sunny spells, although sometimes heavy Thunderstorms can occur at the end of the day. July is the warmest month with an average Temperature of 22°C. Annual Precipitation is about 400-600 mm in the lowland areas, but more in the mountainous regions. Generally, the weather is best May-September, when days are warm and the nights are cool, although it rains more in Spring than in summer. Autumn and winter are usually a little chilly and wet, sometimes snowy and often foggy, especially in the mountainous regions.
Reference : Climate of Hungary
The Ancient Hungarians lived in the Euro-Asian nomadic pastoral region, where the keeping and use of horses played an important role in their lives. Therefore it is not surprising that the horse and horse riding has a central place in Hungarian History, leading to Hungarians being regarded as the nation of horsemen. Invitations to foreigners for horseback riding are not uncommon. The family is the centre of the social structure. Generations of extended family often live together. The grandparents play an important role in helping raise the grandchildren. The family provides both emotional and financial support to its members.
Hungary is a land of particularly rich folk heritage. Folk culture is not only preserved in museums, however – traditions live on in many of Hungary’s small villages, kept alive by local communities, and even modern-day city-dwellers do things that might surprise you first. Hungary is very diverse when it comes to rural architecture, craftsmanship, folk music and dance. The black pottery of Mohács, the opulence of the embroidery of Matyó and Kalocsa, the delicacy of the Halas lacework – they all tell the distinct story of the locals.
For further information, please visit Culture of Hungary
Hungarians will tell you that there are just three essential styles of cooking: French, Chinese and their own. That might be Magyar boasting, but Hungarian food has long been the bright spot among the cuisines of Central and Eastern Europe. And Magyars do have one thing in common with the French and Chinese: they are driven by food. Paprika, Hungary’s piros arany or ‘red gold’, is an essential part of Hungarian cuisine and is the dominant taste. Not only is it used as a seasoning when preparing dishes but it also appears on restaurant tables as a condiment beside the salt and pepper shakers. There are many types of dried and fresh paprika, but as a ground spice it is most commonly sold as ‘hot’ or ‘strong’ and sweet.
Hungarians eat an astonishing amount of meat (vegetarians, take note: there’s actually a dish called ‘meat stuffed with meat’). Pork, beef, veal and poultry are the meats most commonly consumed, and they can be breaded and fried, baked, simmered in locos (a tasty mix of peppers, tomatoes and onions) or turned into some paprika-flavored creation. Fresh salad is often called vitamin saláta in Hungary and is generally available when lettuce is in season; almost everything else – and this is important to remember – is savanyuúság, ‘sours’ that can be anything from mildly sour-sweet cucumbers and pickled peppers to almost acidic sauerkraut. Such things actually go very well with heavy meat dishes, though. In regular restaurants, vegetarians can usually order any number of types of főzelék as well as gombafejek rántva (fried mushroom caps) or pasta and noodle dishes with cheese, such as túrós csusza and sztrapacska.
For further information, please visit Cuisine of Hungary
- As a member of the European Union and the Scavenge zone, Hungary is among the 30 most-visited destinations on the planet. It boasts a rich and diverse culture (everything from music and film to food and literature), universal healthcare, and is perfectly located in the centre of Europe.
- Hungarian Immigration Program is the best option for fast immigration to Europe for you and your family!
- Access to quality healthcare in Hungary and throughout the EU & entire family has access to state education
- Visa exempt within Schengen countries in Europe by using your Hungarian passport
- Hungary has some vivid experiences to offer and even there are loads of benefits that you can enjoy if you are moving from India. The value of the currency will double itself and you will definitely have a pleasurable experience in this beautiful country
- Another most dynamic thing about the nation is the special integration it garners. In the country, you will find population comprising of Celts, Romans, Huns, Slavs, Gepids and Avars. Such integration promises a greater mix of culture, way of life and completely dynamic environment. With Hungary, you are always certain that your stay would be altogether memorable and extremely pleasing.
- A huge scope for private investment in Hungary, the economy almost comprises of 80% of private share. So, if you are an enthusiastic investor, you will always enjoy a greater say while immigration to the overseas hotspot.
- Lifelong permanent residency
- Straightforward and fair visa process
For further detailed information please visit Hungary Immigration
- Quick and easy incorporation process (possible via POA) Government-approved investment in bonds
- Special exemption from physical residence is applied to the main applicant and all qualifying family members
- Fast application process. All qualifying applicants receive a Hungarian ID for temporary residency (TR) in less than three months, giving them the right to travel freely throughout the Schengen zone
- A single application process for the main applicant and all qualifying family members, with no mandatory trips to Hungary required
- A fast and facilitated application process for permanent residency. Applicants and their family members can apply for permanent residency just six months after receiving their TR cards
- Free movement throughout the Schengen zone
- fulfils the conditions specified in the international arrangement on a working holiday scheme;
- is not subject to expulsion, prohibition of entry and stay, and whose entry and stay does not pose a risk to the public security, national security, and public health interests of Hungary; and
- who is not subject to an SIS warning signal ordering prohibition of entry and stay.
- their livelihood and accommodation in Hungary is guaranteed
- they have a fully comprehensive health care cover or can cover the cost of health care
- those against whom there is no legal ground for refusal.
- prove that the purpose of the stay is to pursue gainful employment or to study or any other purposes and prove the purpose of stay if the application was made by a family member
- At the time of applying for the temporary residence permit the applicant’s travel document has to be valid for at least a year from the thirtieth day after submitting the application.
Please note that when submitting the application to the authority, the applicant is required to appear in person, unless the foreigner is unable to appear due to his/her health condition.
Every year only a certain number of temporary residence permits can be issued, not exceeding the quota specified in the international agreement.
Third country citizen:
non-Hungarian citizens and stateless persons except for persons having the right of free movement and stay (EEA citizens and family members accompanying, or joining to, an EEA citizen or a Hungarian citizen).
who is not recognized as a citizen in his/her own right by any state.
Applications for long stay visa are accepted at the Hungarian Visa Application Center.
Before applying, please ensure you are clear on your purpose of visit. Do remember we are here to assist and help you the entire visa application process but we are not permitted to advise or guide you on choosing a visa category. Since our work is primarily administrative in nature, we have no say on whether you will be granted a visa and how long it will take to process, as this is entirely the prerogative of the Embassy / Consulate of Hungary in India. You may refer to the link All about visas to understand details of various visa categories.
Complete you visa application form and affix your photograph (not older than 6 months). Minors shall submit an application form signed by both parents exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship. Present a declaration of permission by both parents exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship in the case the minor is traveling alone or the parent exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship in the case the minor is traveling with the other parent only. The declaration has to be original and certified by public notary.
Original passport which validity shall extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen States or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen States. Please check out before applying whether your passport contains at least two blank pages and it has been issued within the previous 10 years.
Please ensure that you furnish the required documents.
Residence permit applications, with exceptions specified in the law, shall be submitted at the consular officer or at other locations authorized to receive residence permit applications which operates in the country of the applicant’s permanent residence or nationality. Book an appointment at Hungarian Visa Application Centre and attend the interview with required documents. While submitting the application, a photo portrait and – at applicants over 6 years of age – fingerprints will be taken for the issuing of the residence permit which contains biometric data. The applicant is expected to tolerate this procedure.
In case the regional directorate grants the issuance of the residence permit, it permits the issuance of the residence permit visa simultaneously and notifies the consular officer. The permanent residence visa is issued, based on the decision of the regional directorate, by the consular officer.
Track your application. Check Application Status.
Receive the visa in courier at your home.
Check Visa Procedure Guide for more details.
The decision on residence permit will be made by the regional directorate within 21 days. The applicant can ask the aliens policing authority to send him/her the residence permit via post or he/she can receive the document personally at the regional directorate.In case of refusal the applicant can lodge an objection, which can be submitted at the authority that made the first instance decision within 8 days after the communication of the decision. The administrative service fee for appeal is HUF 5,500, which shall be paid with revenue stamp by the applicant.
The administrative service fee of the procedure for issuing residence permits is 60 EUR, 4681 INR [subject to change as per the current exchange rate], which shall be paid at the Hungarian Embassy in EUR or other convertible currency, or in exceptional cases in the legal currency of the state where submitting the application.
- VFS Global service charge per applicant is Rs. 1275/- (Inclusive of service tax 14% and education cess) which need to be paid in cash.
- Please note fee are not refundable.
IMPORTANT: The temporary residence permit cannot be renewed.
The fulfillment of the conditions specified in the international agreement must be documented as well. In case of a temporary residence permit, the applicant’s primary intention is to spend his/her holiday in Hungary while a third country citizen can, if it is possible under an international agreement, undertake work or pursue studies. The purpose of stay must be documented accordingly.
- Application Form dully typed in block letters and signed by the applicant. Check Application Forms here
- Two Recent (not older than six months) passport-size photographs in color with white background. (3.5cm / 4.5cm). Please do not staple. Check Photo Specifications here
- The Passport should be valid for at least three months (any other type of travel document should be valid for at least six months) with at least one blank page to affix the visa
Carrying out of a paid activity can be certified in particular with:
- a document certifying an employment relationship, and in the cases specified by separate laws, with a work permit;
- a temporary employment booklet;
- a contract of agency, a contract for work, or a contract for use concluded as a private individual;
The pursuing of studies can be certified in particular with:
- the certificate of admission issued by the educational institution providing the education or training;
- a document evidencing a student legal relationship; or
- in any other credible way.
Documents supporting the financial conditions necessary for living in Hungary
A third country citizen is deemed to have the funds required for a stay exceeding 90 days within 180 days if from the property or lawfully earned income available to him/her or his/her family member, he/she is able to cover the costs relating to subsistence, dwelling, exit, and, if necessary, the costs of health services.
The means of subsistence can be certified in particular with:
- a certificate issued by a financial institution regarding a bank account managed in Hungary or abroad;
- income certificate issued by the tax authority with respect to the previous year;
- a certificate of income issued by the employer;
- a certificate issued by the employer and/or the tax authority with respect to regular income from abroad;
- a declaration made before a notary public by a family member having a residence permit, the legal status of an immigrant or settled person, a residence card, a or permanent residence card, or is recognized as a refugee in Hungary, giving assurance to maintain and support the applicant, and the document evidencing the ability of the person undertaking maintenance to provide support; or in any other credible way.
Documents supporting the existence of Hungarian accommodation
Only property registered as a residential house/apartment or other habitable dwelling, providing that the habitable space is at least 6 square meters per habitant, or a commercial or other accommodation that is deemed appropriate by law, may be accepted as a Hungarian residence.
The existence of Hungarian accommodation can be certified with:
- rental agreement certifying a rental relationship;
- document on the use of the flat by courtesy;
- document evidencing the ownership of the flat, with a less than 30-day old copy of the title deed;
- valid letter of invitation supplied with the authority’s approval;
- document evidencing the availability of a reserved and paid place of accommodation;
- declaration made by a family member holding a residence visa or residence permit in Hungary, having the legal status of an immigrant or a settled person, or holding a residence card or permanent residence card in accordance with a special law, or is recognized as refugee, of which declaration a notarial deed has been drawn up, and which provides assurance for ensuring a place of dwelling for the applicant; or
- contract of sale and purchase of a real estate and a copy of the decision of the competent metropolitan or county government office granting permission for the acquisition of a real estate; with any other kind of document.
Documents supporting the existence of an all inclusive – Health Insurance
- Overseas travel medical insurance valid for all Schengen-countries
- The insurance has to cover the applicant for at least 30,000 Euros or equivalent, for all risks e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency evacuation
- The policy has to clearly specify the period of validity and has to cover the entire duration of the trip including the date of arrival and departure
- It needs to be renewed after one year
- Refer MEDICAL INSURANCE to order the insurance in easy online procedure and understand the benefits in detail
How will Yourway Migrations Pvt. Ltd Help Me?
- Counseling and information on various immigration options available
- Application forms – Brochures – Guides etc.
- Immigration Assistance
- Visa Counseling
- Travel and Accommodation arrangement assistance
- Procuring Residential Facilities with Indians for immigrants going abroad
- Giving Orientation kit.
Please visit www.yourwaymigrations.com