Hungary Business Visa
Languages : Hungarian, English, German, Greek, French
Official Currency : Forint (HUF)
Major Cities : Budapest, Debrecen, Miskolc, Szeged & Pécs
Hungary at Glance
Hungary is a beautiful landlocked EU country situated in the Carpathian Basin, in the heart of Europe having a lot to offer. Despite being rather small, its beneficial Central European position makes Hungary an appealing destination to live, work or study. Hungary is a member of the European Union, NATO, the OECD, the Visegrád Group, and the Schengen Area. Hungary is a republic, and it has been a member of the United Nations since 1955, NATO since 1999, and the European Union since 2004. The Holy Crown of Hungary and its associated regalia has become the symbol representing the historical Kingdom of Hungary. Today, it is exhibited in the Hungarian Parliament. Economy of Hungary is strengthening by the fields like: Agriculture 8%, industry and commerce 42%, services 32%, government 7%.
National holidays: March 15th: in remembrance of the 1848-49 Revolution and War of Independence, the birth of modern parliamentary goverment in Hungary; August 20th: in celebration of the first king of Hungary, Saint Stephen., crowned in 1000 CE; October 23rd: in remembrance of the 1956 Revolution and War of Independence, and the 1989 proclamation of the Republic of Hungary.
For more details please visit : Hungary
Hungary is situated in the southern zone of Central Europe, in the centre of the Carpathian Basin, which is surrounded by the East Alps, the Carpathians and the Dinaric Mountains. The country sits lower than its neighboring countries. The Adriatic Sea is only 200 kilometers from the border of Hungary. Hungary has the shape of a basin, which is favorable for transport due to the country’s central location and to the fact that there are no relief obstacles. However, The relief of Hungary is characterized by a low height above sea level and a low level of verticular configuration. 68% of Hungary’s territory is lowland (less than 200 meters above sea level), 30% is a hilly region (between 200-400 meters) and only 2% is for hills higher than 400 meters. Very few patches of land reach above 600 meters.
The Republic of Hungary with a territory of 93,036 km 2 is among the small-sized states in Europe. Hungary’s territory is less than 1% of that of Europe. The country is centrally located in the Carpathian Basin, whose territory is approximately 330,000 km 2. The country is not an individual geographical unit and its borders nowhere separate natural regions. From among the six large regions of Hungary– the Great Plain, the Small Plain, the lower part of the Alps, the Transdanubian Hills, the Transdanubian Mountains and the North-Hungarian Mountains – only the Transdanubian Mountains lie exclusively in the territory of Hungary.
For detailed information please visit : Geography of Hungary
The climate of the Hungary can be described as typical European continental influenced climate with warm, dry summers and fairly cold winters. January is the coldest month with daytime temperatures usually around zero, but in some cases winter months can be very cold with temperatures far below zero and strong, cold northeasterly winds, called Bora, especially in the mountainous regions. Heavy snowfall or even snowstorms are also possible on some days there; the yearly average number of days with snow is less than 40 in the low-land regions and up to 120 days in the mountainous regions of Hungary.
In summer daytime temperatures reach 20-25°C, but sometimes quite higher, 30°C or more. In most of the time is dry weather with sunny spells, although sometimes heavy Thunderstorms can occur at the end of the day. July is the warmest month with an average Temperature of 22°C. Annual Precipitation is about 400-600 mm in the lowland areas, but more in the mountainous regions. Generally, the weather is best May-September, when days are warm and the nights are cool, although it rains more in Spring than in summer. Autumn and winter are usually a little chilly and wet, sometimes snowy and often foggy, especially in the mountainous regions.
Reference : Climate of Hungary
The Ancient Hungarians lived in the Euro-Asian nomadic pastoral region, where the keeping and use of horses played an important role in their lives. Therefore it is not surprising that the horse and horse riding has a central place in Hungarian History, leading to Hungarians being regarded as the nation of horsemen. Invitations to foreigners for horseback riding are not uncommon. The family is the centre of the social structure. Generations of extended family often live together. The grandparents play an important role in helping raise the grandchildren. The family provides both emotional and financial support to its members.
Hungary is a land of particularly rich folk heritage. Folk culture is not only preserved in museums, however – traditions live on in many of Hungary’s small villages, kept alive by local communities, and even modern-day city-dwellers do things that might surprise you first. Hungary is very diverse when it comes to rural architecture, craftsmanship, folk music and dance. The black pottery of Mohács, the opulence of the embroidery of Matyó and Kalocsa, the delicacy of the Halas lacework – they all tell the distinct story of the locals.
For further information, please visit Culture of Hungary
Hungarians will tell you that there are just three essential styles of cooking: French, Chinese and their own. That might be Magyar boasting, but Hungarian food has long been the bright spot among the cuisines of Central and Eastern Europe. And Magyars do have one thing in common with the French and Chinese: they are driven by food. Paprika, Hungary’s piros arany or ‘red gold’, is an essential part of Hungarian cuisine and is the dominant taste. Not only is it used as a seasoning when preparing dishes but it also appears on restaurant tables as a condiment beside the salt and pepper shakers. There are many types of dried and fresh paprika, but as a ground spice it is most commonly sold as ‘hot’ or ‘strong’ and sweet.
Hungarians eat an astonishing amount of meat (vegetarians, take note: there’s actually a dish called ‘meat stuffed with meat’). Pork, beef, veal and poultry are the meats most commonly consumed, and they can be breaded and fried, baked, simmered in locos (a tasty mix of peppers, tomatoes and onions) or turned into some paprika-flavored creation. Fresh salad is often called vitamin saláta in Hungary and is generally available when lettuce is in season; almost everything else – and this is important to remember – is savanyuúság, ‘sours’ that can be anything from mildly sour-sweet cucumbers and pickled peppers to almost acidic sauerkraut. Such things actually go very well with heavy meat dishes, though. In regular restaurants, vegetarians can usually order any number of types of főzelék as well as gombafejek rántva (fried mushroom caps) or pasta and noodle dishes with cheese, such as túrós csusza and sztrapacska.
For further information, please visit Cuisine of Hungary
- As a member of the European Union and the Scavenge zone, Hungary is among the 30 most-visited destinations on the planet. It boasts a rich and diverse culture (everything from music and film to food and literature), universal healthcare, and is perfectly located in the centre of Europe.
- Hungarian Immigration Program is the best option for fast immigration to Europe for you and your family!
- Access to quality healthcare in Hungary and throughout the EU & entire family has access to state education
- Visa exempt within Schengen countries in Europe by using your Hungarian passport
- Hungary has some vivid experiences to offer and even there are loads of benefits that you can enjoy if you are moving from India. The value of the currency will double itself and you will definitely have a pleasurable experience in this beautiful country
- Another most dynamic thing about the nation is the special integration it garners. In the country, you will find population comprising of Celts, Romans, Huns, Slavs, Gepids and Avars. Such integration promises a greater mix of culture, way of life and completely dynamic environment. With Hungary, you are always certain that your stay would be altogether memorable and extremely pleasing.
- A huge scope for private investment in Hungary, the economy almost comprises of 80% of private share. So, if you are an enthusiastic investor, you will always enjoy a greater say while immigration to the overseas hotspot.
- Lifelong permanent residency
- Straightforward and fair visa process
For further detailed information please visit Hungary Immigration
- Quick and easy incorporation process (possible via POA)
- Low corporate tax (10%)
- EU and Schengen member country
- Available to all nationalities
- No minimum stay requirement (as a businessman you may travel without limitations)
- By acquiring residency in Hungary through business ownership, you and your family will be able to travel freely to and within the Schengen zone
- Take advantage of Hungary’s low living costs, favorable business environment and central location.
- You must have an Invitation from a firm or an authority to attend meetings, conferences, proof of registration, or events connected with trade, industry or work. – Other documents which show the existence of trade relations for work purposes must state the purpose very clearly
- If you are self employed, you must prove that your company is registered from finance department.
- Visa application must be lodged three months before the start of the intended travel date
Hungarian business visa category does not allow dependents to travel with the main applicants. For such purpose, visa has to be applied separately.
Applications for short stay visa are accepted at the Hungarian Visa Application Center.
Before applying, please ensure you are clear on your purpose of visit. Do remember we are here to assist and help you the entire visa application process but we are not permitted to advise or guide you on choosing a visa category. Since our work is primarily administrative in nature, we have no say on whether you will be granted a visa and how long it will take to process, as this is entirely the prerogative of the Embassy / Consulate of Hungary in India. You may refer to the link All about visas to understand details of various visa categories.
Complete you visa application form and affix your photograph (not older than 6 months). Minors shall submit an application form signed by both parents exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship. Present a declaration of permission by both parents exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship in the case the minor is traveling alone or the parent exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship in the case the minor is traveling with the other parent only. The declaration has to be original and certified by public notary.
Original passport which validity shall extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen States or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen States. Please check out before applying whether your passport contains at least two blank pages and it has been issued within the previous 10 years.
Please ensure that you furnish the required documents.
Book an appointment at Hungarian Visa Application Centre and attend the interview with required documents.
Track your application. Check Application Status.
Receive the visa in courier at your home.
Check Visa Procedure Guide for more details.
Visa application is assessed by the Embassy / Consulate of Hungary in India for up to 15 calendar days starting with the day the application is registered with the Embassy / Consulate. This period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 or exceptionally 60 calendar days in individual cases, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed. You will be notified on the decision by the Hungarian Visa Application Centers. Please be advised that during the time of the assessment neither the Embassy / Consulate of Hungary in India nor the Hungarian Visa Application Centers will answer any form of enquiry regarding state or outcome of the procedure.
Visa fee for business trip is Rs. 4681 (EUR 60) [subject to change as per the current exchange rate]. No visa fee waiver for this category of travel except for holders of diplomatic and service passports.
- VFS Global service charge per applicant is Rs. 1275/- (Inclusive of service tax 14% and education cess) which need to be paid in cash.
- Please note fee are not refundable.
- Application Form dully typed in block letters and signed by the applicant. Check Application Forms here
- Two Recent (not older than six months) passport-size photographs in color with white background. (3.5cm / 4.5cm). Please do not staple. Check Photo Specifications here
- The Passport should be valid for at least three months (any other type of travel document should be valid for at least six months) with at least one blank page to affix the visa
- Employment certificate duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the business entity (*).
- Letter of invitation from the Hungarian business partner duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the business entity (*). Please be advised that letter of invitation must be issued in Hungarian language. English language letter is not accepted in this case, or
- Providing evidence of the actual business relations in Hungary by a letter of reference from the regional branches of the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry or the Hungarian Chamber of Agriculture (*). Please be advised that letter of reference must be issued in Hungarian language. English language letter is not accepted in this case. The invitation letter has to provide for a detailed weekly break up schedule of the perspective program if the intended stay in Hungary is more than 30 days. Visa applicants will be called for an interview in these cases. If the intended stay actually involves work in Hungary visa applicant has to produce a work permit issued by Hungarian authorities on the request of the Hungarian business partner.
- Prearranged accommodation. Reservation of accommodation is accepted provided that you paid a deposit or have to pay a cancellation fee. Please note that proof of prearranged accommodation has to be presented even if it is arranged or covered by the Hungarian business partner.
- Salary slip of the last three months from the employer duly stamped and signed by an authorized person (*).
- Income tax return acknowledgment for the last two assessment years.
- Bank account statement of the applicant for the last three month duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the bank (*).Recent (i.e last three months) United Kingdom bank statement in the applicant’s name and address showing details and a balance showing that the applicant has sufficient means of subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to his country of origin, or that the applicant is in a position to acquire such means lawfully.
- Certificate of registration in the case of the self-employed duly signed and stamped by an authorized person (*). (e. g – company registration, letter from finance department providing information of company). Letters must be original only and recently dated (on headed letter with name, position of signatory, and date of issue, address and recent telephone number and registration number)
- Airplane ticket booking.
- Travel medical insurance.
- Overseas travel medical insurance valid for all Schengen-countries
- The insurance has to cover the applicant for at least 30,000 Euros or equivalent, for all risks e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency evacuation
- The policy has to clearly specify the period of validity and has to cover the entire duration of the trip including the date of arrival and departure
- It needs to be renewed after one year
- Refer MEDICAL INSURANCE to order the insurance in easy online procedure and understand the benefits in detail
All documents marked with (*) have to be enclosed in original. The photocopies have to be notarized by a government authorized advocate. The above mentioned enumeration of supporting documents is a non-exhaustive list. The list of the supporting documents is defined by the consul following the local conditions and circumstances; it is changeable at any time. All supporting documents must not be older than one month.
How will Yourway Migrations Pvt. Ltd Help Me?
- Counseling and information on various immigration options available
- Application forms – Brochures – Guides etc.
- Immigration Assistance
- Visa Counseling
- Travel and Accommodation arrangement assistance
- Procuring Residential Facilities with Indians for immigrants going abroad
- Giving Orientation kit.
Please visit www.yourwaymigrations.com